2013 Long Distance Club Championships
Last year the long distance club champs was run in the training session with a finals night. In conjunction with the coaches it has been decided to keep this format for 2013. With this in mind please find attached the swimmer entry form for 2013 Long Distance Club championships.
Please can you enter which event you would like enter your swimmers into , I will then compile a list of entries for the coaches and they will then proceed with the event races. (I have entered some dummy names just to show how to use the form, please delete the data)
The finals night will be held on Saturday 7th December, this will be a licensed meet therefore times the times gained on the night can be used for county qualification.
If you are unsure of what to enter you swimmer into , please contact one of the coaches who will advise you.
1. When we have the full list of swimmers the coaches will run the heats during the training session is November, The quickest swimmers in each event will be awarded the Trophy for that event.
2. In the excel template there is a list of the Events we are running but they are (Boy/Girls 400 Free, Boys/Girls 400IM, Boys 1500M free, Girls 800m Free)
3. The Finals night will be by invitation from the Chief coach for those swimmers chasing county times.
4. The Age Groups are U10, U12, U14, U16, +16, (Age at 31th December)
5. I am aware that the 7th December is the Winter Regional’s in Portsmouth, but we have had this booked with the pool and the licence agreed therefore it cannot be changed.
6. Any times achieved at Club championships can be used to enter the Surrey Counties (Times sent by Dale today) as long as you had an ASA number when you did the event.
Entry form (Excel sheet) can be downloaded here.
Finally please can you return the completed Excel file to me with your entry by Tuesday 1st October.